Friday, July 22, 2005

lord you're lovely

lord you're lovely
Key of D
4/4 time


there are times that i behold your beauty.
there are times i don't see you at all.
open my eyes, lord and teach me to taste and see,
you're everything, my all in all.


(chorus)
lord you're lovely
may you be the frangrance of my life
lord you're worthy
the spotless lamb, my sacrifice

you are holy
a purifying fire for my soul
you are jesus
and your name is wonderful.

lord i see you seated on the throne
the train of your robe fills the temple
you bathe the earth in your glory, most holy god
you touch my lips and i am still.

(chorus)

(bridge)
counselor
prince of peace
mighty god, are you lord

lovely
worthy
holy, are you lord.


christ i see you nailed upon the cross.
blood and sweat flow down around your eyes.
you turn your head to me, smiling you say "truly
you'll be with me in paradise".

(chorus)


words & music by marc heinrich
©2003 further up & further in music

No comments: