Friday, July 22, 2005

adore

adore
key of G
6/8 time



i spent my life taking, or thinking about taking,
or lying about thinking about taking again.

and i’ve got me some stuff, and my stuff it’s got me.
and we’re clinging to each other just as tight as can be.


and i’m holding on to anything,
when i know it costs me everything.
and these things that i adore,
don’t mean anything to me anymore.


the eyes of the stranger are so full of fear.
and I’m afraid he might see me when I look in the mirror.

and i know how he feels, ‘cause i feel that way too.
when you’re running scared you just keep running through.


and i’m heading off to anywhere.
when i know i’m going nowhere.
and this unfettered life i adore,
doesn’t feel like freedom to me anymore.


now i spend my time praying and thinking about jesus.
or thinking about praying to jesus again.

and i got me a savior and my savior’s got me,
and i’m clinging to him while he’s rescuing me.


and my prayers are often desperate ones.
but his gifts are always precious ones.
and this jesus that i adore,
means everything to me evermore.


words & music by marc heinrich
©2003 further up & further in music

No comments: